Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beanless Beef Chilli with 'invisible' veggies

For the 10 servings of 2 cups, I used:
3lbs of ground beef
2 white onions
1 green bell pepper
4 pkgs of button mushrooms
5 cups of squash and zucchini
1/2 cup or more of minced garlic
2 jars of basic medium salsa (no sugar)
6 cans of tomatoes in a various forms (all no sugar, 2 had green chilis)
1/4 cup (or more) of cumin
salt
pepper
(I forgot the carrots)
How I made it:
I browned the meat with salt and pepper.
I softened the onions and bell pepper (in a skillet).
I used the food processer to make the veggies disappear. I added garlic and the beef grease to give them flavor.
I put all the ingredients into a large pot and cooked for about an hour on medium heat. (I was making another batch for the family)
Then I divy'ed it up into my 3 pot crock pot system and let it cook overnight until about noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment