Sunday, September 30, 2012

I can be inspirational???

Who knew?

But the bottom line is that I can be anything, when I want to be, and today I felt like a couple people needed me to push them to use today to help them have better choices to eat during the week.

I've been asked MULTIPLE times over the last month to come and teach how to cook paleo.
I shake my head, kinda chagrined, because honestly, I make it up as I go.

How do I make up delicious Paleo foods so easily?
Easy.

It's all about the choices I provide myself.
Choices.
Lots and lots of choices.

My pantry, fridge, and freezer are FULL of paleo approved ingredients. All I have to do is then think of what I want to put together and I do.

That's easy enough, right?

Wrong.

Apparently most people aren't willing to put the effort into restocking their homes with better choices NOR do they make the effort to restock their MINDS with new (or improved) recipes to go along with their new eating habits.

I've made a conscious effort to stock my house full of foods that ALLOW me to  make delicious meals in a more painless manner.

How long does it take?

For me, it's taken since Jan 1st, day 1 of our New Year's Challenge @ Crossfit Brigade to Day 1 of the August Team challenge, to get to where I am now. That's 7 months of skirting around the commitment. I hated the limbo area, always have, always will.

But no more of this gray zone, maybe I will, maybe I won't nonsense.
I've never been gray. I've always been BLACK or WHITE.

Either you do, or you don't.
Why torture yourself with "what if?" and "why can't I?" songs in your head. It makes no sense to add extra stress to an already VERY STRESSFUL life.

Anyways, back to ME, yes me-JAIME KATHRYN,  being inspirational. It's almost laughable, until I realize that I can be and have been for others who are considering changing how they eat and why.

Since January, I've lost 43 lbs (the last 10 lbs, I've lost 3 TIMES!!) and gone down 4 sizes. I know that's not a big number, but I also went from barely able to lift anything(the bar) to  lifting my weight in leg lifts and about 1/2 my weight in arm lifts.

Yet, I STILL GOT SMALLER.
That's HUGE deal for me.

HOW is this inspirational?
Honestly, I'm not sure.

I think that my success with eating paleo and working out hard while working full time, raising 3 kids, being happily married proves that ANYONE and EVERYONE can do this and see the necessary and beneficial results needed for longevity and a overall happier life.

You simply have to make a choice.
A choice.

Will you continue the path you're on, or will you simply just say, ENOUGH, and begin the direction you were meant to go on.

I've had a lot of help along the way and I plan to share my sources of inspiration.
I promise there will be more to come.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment