Monday, May 28, 2012

Spring Nutritional Challenge:April 29- June 10


So we at Crossfit Brigade decided to do another nutritional challenge for several reasons, a host of new friends @ the gym, the Crossfit Regional Games, and most importantly...swimsuit season! (....I think I'm being serious here...?)

I digress.

This challenge is more difficult- There is a COMPLETE ABSENSE of cheese.

I should stop right there for a moment of silence because that in and of itself used to be a deal breaker for me.

But there's more.

There are points to calculate. There is fish oil, 7+ hours of sleep expectation, AND organic/wild/ farm raised food componont.

You're shaking your head, did you stumble upon a Weight Watchers page? No my dear, you have not. We're just getting serious and determining what we're made of and to answer-can we make that switch to eating a more healthy, mindful way?

I don't know about you, but I'm still wondering HOW in the world am I going to make it? How HAVE I made it over the last 25 + days? It's been rough, especially the cheese part. I've caved in on May11th w/ goat cheese on a spinach and strawberry salad. It was DIVINE and I had NO regrets.

The point aspect has been pretty easy. Matt has been totally supportive with me earning points, especially since he can help me 'earn' a point in the activity section...

Seriously though, he's been great with making sure my fish oil and multi vitamin are consumed right before bed, which I might add is in enough time for me to meet the 7+ hour sleep requirement.

Have I told you how much I LOVE MY BED. Because I do. Not the little love, or really like, but LOVE.  I'm like a little kid with a treat when I lay down, I get a big smile as a snuggle in. No lie.

I've cooked alot and created a lot of meals/recipes that are twists to everyday meals. I will definitely share the recipes.

I've bought more organic, grass fed/range fed proteins than ever. I've even made a point to go to the market to by fresh, local veggies and fruit on Wednesdays and Sundays.

As you can see, this challenge has been more about transforming my lifestyle, more than transforming my figure (though that has benefitted from my diligence of ensuring higher quality foods are being bought and prepared).

If you think you can't do something so radical as paleo or primal because you work or have kids, you're short changing yourself and them.  Try it for 40 days and see. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment