Monday, October 15, 2012

Only 5 crockpots???

This was my EXACT thought as I looked in despair at all the soup bones and veggies all around my kitchen Sunday afternoon.

How in the world was I going to prepare all of this in just FIVE crockpots??? I surely need another 2, for such a time as this. Right?

Anyhow, I shook that nonsense out of my mind and got to work with what I had on hand.
I had been recently blessed w/ a CSA share that no one picked up as well as veggies @ home from Aldi:
Collard greens
Kale
sweet potatoes
tomatoes
bell peppers
mushrooms
onions/garlic
carrots,
acorn, butternut, and spaghetti squash
... and Matt pulled out of the freezer:
7 of the grass fed beef soup bones (there's meat around it),
2lb roast,
1lb of stew meat
So I had ALL that meat and veggies. What in the world was I going to do?

How was I going to create 5 somewhat different meals so we weren't eating what felt like the same thing all week???

Well I did create something...5 of them and now there's only 3 left!

Can't wait for the next challenge I present myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment